The following is a list of recent testimonials from clients assisted by the attorneys at The Law Office of John E. MacDonald, Inc. For confidentiality purposes, client names are withheld.
- Sexual Assault Defense Case: “I was falsely accused of sexual assault, and attorneys John MacDonald and John Grasso worked tirelessly on my behalf with the result of a not guilty verdict. They were extremely knowledgeable and always available to answer questions or just to provide reassurance during a very stressful time. I never felt rushed during appointments. Before I contacted John MacDonald, I reached out to several other attorneys, and they all highly recommended John as the best in the state. I would give him a twenty-star review, if possible!”
- Marijuana Grow Case “I was able to stay confident throughout my case because John is a very professional lawyer who knows what he is doing. John was always there for me answering my questions whenever I had a question – even on weekends. By closely following John’s advice I was able to avoid prison, stay with my family and continue my education. My family and I are very satisfied with John’s representation.”
- Criminal Defense Case “John MacDonald’s ability to speak, listen, and act on behalf of his clients is far superior to that of his colleagues. Under times of great duress, it was comforting to have such a powerhouse in my corner. I would recommend him without hesitation to anyone caught in the crosshairs of the judicial system.”
- Campaign Violation Case “John MacDonald did a superb job on my case, devising an excellent over-all legal strategy and executing it perfectly. He always promptly responded to any questions or concerns I had. If you need a lawyer, you can’t do any better than John.” – Robert
- Immigration Case “I want to personally thank Attorney Elisha Morris for the way my deportation case was professionally handled. Elisha is an exceptional attorney and the Immigration Judge complimented her on the way all the legal paperwork was presented. I truly feel that without her help I would have been deported. My whole family is in her debt.” – Julian
- Sexual Assault – “John, thank you so much for your commitment to my innocence.” – Anonymous
- First Degree Sexual Assault – “There are no words to describe the gratitude of our family. You have helped us navigate the most stressful and difficult 16 months of our lives. Because of your representation, two beautiful children will know their father’s love, will never have to endure the shame and humiliation of having an incarcerated parent, can giggle and laugh as they run through the house chasing their dad as they were doing earlier. They’ll never know how close they came to a life changing experience. Thank you from the depth of my soul!”
- 2ND DEGREE CHILD MOLESTATION: “Mr. John MacDonald, Thank you for doing your job as greatly as you do. I knew you were the ONE to do this for us. I will definitely recommend you. This outcome has meant more to us than you know. Being a defense attorney can be difficult at times but I assure you that you can have peace of mind.”
- 1st DEGREE SEXUAL ASSAULT – NOT GUILTY “I would like to sincerely thank you for believing in me and working so diligently on my case. My family and I deeply appreciate everything you have done in winning back my freedom and restoring my innocence.”
- IMMIGRATION CLIENT – Sept 2011: “John I would like to thank you for everything you did for my family and I. Without your help nothing would have been possible. I wish all the lawyers were like you and Elisha, because you both showed me how much you really cared about my family and worked hard for us. I will always be thankful to you and Elisha because I now have my family back together. Thank you so much for everything!”– Rocio
- Testimonial from client’s daughter – Aug 2011: “You saved my dad when we had no hope and for that we are forever grateful.” Maria C.
- CASE DETAILS: Client is a lawful permanent resident from Cape Verde. He was placed in removal proceedings as a result of three separate crimes of domestic violence occurring ten years ago. ICE authorities detained him without bond at the Bristol House of Correction. Post-conviction relief was filed in all three cases and granted. Client was released from detention and his removal case will now be terminated.“What for years other lawyers said would be a definite deportation, and even the one that dared to try couldn’t do, John Macdonald delivered! His personal touch and “can do” attitude ensured that my husband’s case be vacated in the Rhode Island courts even though we lived in Florida. He worked with us every step of the way and we are now more than ever sure that justice exists! John, you are the best, God put you in our path when hope was lost and you delivered, our family will be forever grateful as you have given us the opportunity to remain together! God Bless You!!” Lee F.
- CASE DETAILS: Client’s conviction for domestic assault in 2000 caught up with him 10 years later and placed him in removal proceedings in Florida. The client’s family had attempted to vacate the plea with another attorney but were unsuccessful. Attorney MacDonald was hired in April, 2011. A review of the plea colloquy showed that there were defects in violation of Rule 11 of the District Court Rules of Criminal Procedure. Post-conviction was filed in June, 2011 and granted in August, 2011. Client is now no longer subject to deportation and is now eligible to apply for citizenship.
- “Mr. MacDonald is a man of his word. He did everything he said he would and in a timely manner. I am so happy we hired his services to help my friend stay in the United States. I highly recommend him to anyone who has criminal convictions that may result in deportation.”