Testimonials & Results
- Testimonial: “There are no words to describe the gratitude of our family. You have helped us navigate the most stressful and difficult 16 months of our lives...Thank you from the depth of my soul! ” More Testimonials
- Recent Case Results: March 2013: Client was facing two counts of First Degree Sexual Assault. After a six-day jury trial in which the state called 9 prosecution witnesses, including a DNA expert, client was found NOT GUILTY on all counts.
More Case Results
Call us Today
401 421 1440
for a Free consultation
Our criminal defense lawyers & trial attorneys possess the expertise and experience to successfully and aggressively defend clients facing felony or misdemeanor charges in state and federal courts of Rhode Island and Massachusetts for:
The immigration lawyers of The Law Office of John E. MacDonald, Inc. successfully represent clients at the Boston Immigration Court and Providence Immigration Office. We successfully terminate deportation cases in the Boston Immigration Court. We also help our clients obtain permanent residence through adjustment of status in the United States or consular processing abroad. Clients seeking US citizenship obtain our services to ensure that their petition is filed and approved quickly.Read More ...
The divorce lawyers of The Law Office of John E. MacDonald, Inc. will protect your rights in Rhode Island Family Court. We help our clients obtain the results they desire in all areas of family law including child custody, child support, and visitation through litigation and divorce mediation. We also handle domestic problems involving violence, assault, or the need for or defense of a restraining order. Whether you are facing separation, divorce proceedings, a child custody battle or a visitation dispute, contact our divorce lawyers today.Read More ...
Post Conviction Relief
Attorney John MacDonald works with many clients whose immigration status requires vacating a criminal conviction or modifying the sentence. If you or a family member or friend requires post-conviction relief representation in Massachusetts or Rhode Island for the purpose of ameliorating adverse immigration consequences, contact us today to schedule your free consultation.Read More ...
- 2nd Degree Child Molestation - "Mr. John MacDonald, Thank you for doing your job as greatly as you do. I knew you were the ONE to do this for us. I will definitely recommend you. This outcome has meant more to us than you know. Being a defense attorney can be difficult at times but I assure you that you can have peace of mind."
- FAMILY COURT - August 2012 - "Thanks does not seem like enough after all you've done to help me these last two years...would never of been able to do it without you Elisha!!! I am in such awe of you!!! You thought me to stand strong and tall through it all !!! I admire you so much! Thank you from the bottom of my heart."
- Divorce and Child Custody - Since 1998 until today: ...Though my divorce and subsequent custody case has been very trying and heart wrenching at times, I have always been strengthened by the support and professionalism of Elisha Morris and John MacDonald... I am very lucky to have Elisha representing my family. She has been dedicated and rentless in her quest to make sure we are treated fairly in a family court that sometimes isn't. I have never felt like a client with a lawyer but a person being represented by a friend and I recommend Elisha to my friends because I know they are in the best hands possible....
- 1st DEGREE SEXUAL ASSAULT - NOT GUILTY - Nov 2011: "I would like to sincerely thank you for believing in me and working so diligently on my case. My family and I deeply appreciate everything you have done in winning back my freedom and restoring my innocence."
- November, 2012: Client was ordered removed based upon a 1997 possession of cocaine conviction. Client was denied the ability to apply for cancellation on this conviction due to a 1982 breaking and entering charge that constituted an aggravated felony. Attorney MacDonald filed post-conviction relief in the 1997 matter. After a full hearing, the trial judge did not render a decision for over a year. Not willing to wait, Attorney MacDonald filed post-conviction in the 1982 matter and successfully amended the sentence so that it no longer constituted an aggravated felony. Client is now eligible to re-open the removal case and apply for cancellation.
- October, 2012: Attorney Morris filed a motion to register and modify a foreign judgment on mother’s behalf. The purpose of this motion was to register an out-of-state judgment awarding her child support. After decree is registered in Rhode Island, modification substantially increases the amount which she is entitled to receive.
October, 2012: Client was charged with second degree child molestation. After an extensive investigation and negotiations with attorney general, the charge was amended to simple assault for probation. Client is spared a felony sex conviction and will not required to register as a sex offender.
- September, 2012: This firm represented father in defending against a family court restraining order as well as a motion to suspend his visitation with the minor child. Result: Family court restraining order case dismissed, motion to suspend visitation denied. All visits with child (unsupervised) to resume immediately;
- More Case Results
John E. MacDonald's R.I. Criminal Defense Manual
- DISCOVERY VIOLATIONS
- ETHICAL DILEMMAS AT TRIAL
- JUDICIAL MISCONDUCT
- PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT
- CONFRONTATION (Crawford v. Washington)
- IN-COURT DEMONSTRATIONSDEFENSE WITNESSES
- MOTION FOR JUDGEMENT OF ACQUITTAL
- JUROR CONDUCT
- ALLEN CHARGES
- EVIDENTIARY OBJECTIONS
- PRESERVATION OF THE RECORD
- MOTION FOR NEW TRIAL
- BAIL: GUIDELINES, HEARINGS AND REVOCATION
- PROBATION VIOLATION HEARINGS
- IMMIGRATION CONSEQUENCES
Visit Us at:
Search Engine Optimization by Shark Bite SEO